Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Hi, Hiatus

I know, I know. It's been a lifetime since I updated! My attempt at a "series" of blog posts has failed miserably! I will be honest, I was at a crossroads with where I should go with the whole thing. I really was hoping to use my observations as a fun way to shine some light on all the yucky of Facebook. Surprisingly, I had an overwhelming response from my friends who did not want me to leave! They reminded me of all the great things about Facebook and how they enjoyed keeping up with me through my profile. It made me feel so good! I did some soul-searching and realized that anything can be positive and anything can be negative. It's all up to YOU how you perceive it. I decided that there were a few people that weighed me down and had so much negativity in their life that it was reflecting on me just by reading about it. Instead of denying the positive of Facebook, I simply de-friended those people (with the intention of nicely explaining to them my reasoning if they asked). So far, it has worked very well.

So now the conundrum: Do I continue with the reasons why Facebook can be negative? Or go on with my postings with my normal finesse and pizazz?

...of course, I always vote pizazz.

2 comments:

  1. i quite enjoy the facebook rants however i enjoy anything you write, it's always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with em...i lov your writing style & can totally hear your "amanda" tone come out in your words. i vote pizazz! i'm HUGE on perspective too....we have a choice to focuz on the positive or negative. :) (although, i am one of the ones who got off FB, but for SEVERAL reasons..)

    ReplyDelete