Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Aw, You Shouldn't Have!

Well since I couldn't win Emily's "nickname the baby" contest (Blitzen IS the best choice, though!), I am very happy to have been picked for...



Thanks to Amanda at ahjones2010.blogspot.com for selecting me! (Oh, and someone teach me how to do those links on here!)

Part of being selected also means I have to say 7 things about myself. I've mentioned a lot of my quirks before so let me see if I can think of any new ones you might not already know...

1. I believe 100% that we have made contact with intelligent life on other planets and that it is being kept a secret from us. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but there is nothing anyone could ever tell me to make me believe otherwise.



2. I meditate every day. I listen to Hindu prayer chanting and guided chakra meditations. I started as a way to fall asleep, but soon after I began noticing I was thinking more clearly and having a more positive attitude throughout the day. I'm also experimenting with something called astral projection which is suppose to invoke lucid dreams and stress relief.




3. I do not know where my real father is. He was never a positive influence nor a good father, but when I was a teenager he began showing signs of schizophrenia and delusions of grandeur. Because he still had access to my younger brothers and seemed to be growing more and more dangerous, at 18 I filed paperwork with the courts to have him committed to a facility so he could be examined. They diagnosed him with not only schizophrenia, but homicidal tendencies. Our entire family was awarded a permanent restraining order and, thankfully, I have not seen him in nearly 10 years. When I refer to "my dad", I am in actuality talking about my step-father with whom we have all called "Daddy" since I was 10 years old and who is, in fact, an amazing dad.

4. My favorite movie of all time is "The Little Mermaid". It was also the first movie I ever saw in theaters. In fact, my love affair with Disney runs very, very deep. I don't just follow along with every word of every animated classic, but can recite entire scenes like most actors can recite Shakespeare. This year I went to Disney World for the first time EVER and bawled like a baby as we drove in. When I die, I want my ashes thrown in various places and the Magic Kingdom is one of them.



5. I'm currently working on a book that will hopefully be done by the beginning of next year. I can't talk about the details, but I am 100% confident that it is something that is suppose to be written and that I am the one to do it. I finally got an editor that will hopefully feel the same once it is completed.

6. We have a condo in Savannah, just 5 minutes from Tybee Island. We go 4-5 times a year and I always notice a sense of peace wash over my mom every time we are there. She admitted that it is where she wants HER ashes thrown and in order to always feel close to her, we just have to come to the beach. I believe she could not be more right.



7. I have always wanted to hike in the rainforest. Ever since I have been little, if the mood strikes, I sit down in the shower, close my eyes, and imagine I'm sitting under a large tree in the rain forest and that the shower water that comes down is rain. It is very therapeutic and hopefully one day I can do it for real in a real forest.




Okay, now I'm suppose to tag 5 of my own favorite and stylish blogs. Lots of my favorites have already been selected for Stylish Blog awards so I'll avoid re-tagging those folks! Here's who I pick:

Dale @ The Meming of Life (http://parentingbeyondbelief.com/blog/)

Deb @ Smitten Kitchen (www.smittenkitchen.com)

Jen @ Bake or Break (www.bakeorbreak.com)

The Writers @ The Superficial (www.thesuperficial.com)

Soren Bowie @ Cracked (www.cracked.com)


Thanks again for thinking of me, Amanda!!

1 comment: