Thursday, September 09, 2010

...Time Out.

I'm taking a time out from updating about my vacation.

Something happened that shook my entire world. I've never been more terrified in my life than in the moment I got the phone call.

One of my brother's is very sick. Luckily it isn't cancer or a physical handicap, but it is life-threatening nonetheless. On Monday, it almost took his life.

I'm not going to go into details because they aren't important. What's important is that he's alive and safe now. All any of us have is now.

I don't pray, but I always love when people say that they are praying for someone. It's a beautiful thing to have strangers and loved ones in your thoughts when things get rough and although I'm not praying, those who need them are in my thoughts. The faith I have is that the doctors that are working with my brother are educated and wise and willing to help him. The faith I have is that my mother raised him strong enough to fight this. The faith I have will not save him... only he can do that.

I truly believe that positive outlooks change the world. If you live everyday in sorrow and pity, that negativity floods you with pain and darkness until light seems impossible. When you see things getting better, being stronger, feeling hopeful, well, that positive energy can change your world. Your light can be anything, just as long as you hold it every second.

I can only stop my world long enough to sigh and then I must keep working and hoping for better tomorrows... just a quick time out to catch my breath.




...Time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment