Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh, I Forgot to Mention...

So, I'm constantly racking my brain for blog topics. If there's a gap between blog entries, it's more than likely because I am having a grumpy week and am working out the best way to solve my issues and not negatively blow up about them. I know that's sort of the opposite of how a lot of people blog since venting is a big help to them... I wish very much I could be that way! For me, though, I've found that when I allow myself to rant, it actually just fuels my negativity more and I don't constructively fix the problem; I just stew and stew until I bubble over into a big hot mess. So as I've said before, I'm only allowing myself to blog about things, not BITCH about things.



I realized today that I haven't blogged in a week. As soon as I began thinking about what I could possibly write about, I realized that Chris and I have the biggest news ever going on! Hello! I forgot to tell everyone...

We got a house!



Chris and I could not be happier! As soon as we locked it down, we went straight to Home Depot! Cosmetically it is a fixer-upper for sure, but we couldn't be happier about that. The great thing that Chris and I have in common is we LOVE to plan things for our home. We have the same style and vision. We both like older homes that look uber modern on the inside. We make Ikea our bitch, for sure. This house on the inside... well... is not modern. (To say the VERY least!)

The previous owner was an older woman who moved in circa 1960 and NEVER updated the style. Imagine that floral vine wall-to-wall wallpaper and hunter green carpets that all of our grandparents rocked in their houses at some point. And wood paneled walls? You betcha. 60's style kitchen with the stove in the cabinet? No doubt. Old-timey light fixtures and chandeliers? Of course. But, when most people probably shuttered at all the work that would have to be done, we got excited. All the work will allow us to constantly have a project to look forward to and to ensure that our first house will be completely personalized for us.

Since we have been renting the entire duration of our relationship, we've tried each time we move to get closer and closer to Atlanta. We both grew up in Lawrenceville and it has become progressively more run-down as the years have gone by. Our ultimate goal has always been to be "city-dwellers", but as our tastes and goals have changed, we decided we wanted an Atlanta address but a more suburban feel. Well, we found it! We honestly didn't think we'd find the right house so soon and were both prepared to rent for at least a few more years but you know, when it is right, it's right!

We are so happy and this unexpected surprise of finding a home we will be in for a very, very long time is a relief AND a joy! I'm sure the next few months before our move in date will be filled with pictures and project developments. Out with the old and in with the new... and it couldn't be more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment